Safe Spraying Tips
Liquid fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides are convenient and effective. We suggest that you follow a few basic guidelines to ensure they are also as possible.
• Calibrate your sprayer according to product labelling. More product is not better and can instead be harmful.
• Safe Spraying Tips
• Wear rubber gloves when mixing and applying.
• Spray only when winds are calm to prevent overspray and misapplication.
• Don't spray when rain is expected. Rain will dilute the effectiveness of the product you apply, and can also wash products into storm drains or onto a neighbour's property.
• Carefully and thorougly rinse your sprayer after each use, and run clean water through the spray tip. This helps prevent the mixing of products and misapplication.
• Mark sprayers used with toxic chemicals accordingly, so that cross use does not pose a risk to children and animals.